Saturday, May 3, 2008

primavera ocupada

Busy, busy, busy. This time of year keeps me scrambling. We are now down to 2 weeks left in the track season and 3 until school is out. I have been managing to get in descent mileage and the foothills are now opening up so I am getting my Cascadias dusty for the first time since Syllamo. What I have been lacking is time to put in a nice long run. That will change soon. I am looking forward to getting some serious trail time in over memorial day. In Provo this weekend I was able to meet up with my buddy George Barnhill (co-creator of el vaquero loco) and get in some night-running on the trails at the foot of Mt. Timpanogos. Unfortunately since he left Star Valley, we are only able to get together once a year. The temperature was great and it was fun to see the lights above "Happy Valley." We managed to stir up a herd of elk and I took a full-on body-slam digger when my feet got stuck beneath a root in the trail. I barely managed to get my hands out but also managed to dribble my chin off the trail. By the time I got back to my motel it looked pretty heinous, but after a good scrubbing and some serious gravel removal it now looks like a serious case of razor burn. Just another example of how quickly we can be humbled.

In a few weeks I will post the names of the paid entries for this years race and maybe even some photos from the snow-buried course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are your plans for Memorial weekend? I'd love to catch up with you, it's been awhile! :)