Friday, December 11, 2009

Hace Frio!

Winter has hit hard here in Western Wyoming. The last 2 mornings have been hovering around -30 at our house (We're finally in!). Below is a list of the (many) layers I have been wearing on my morning runs. Obviously the extremities and nether-regions need special care at such cold temperatures.

Super-Sub-Zero Gear List

Black Diamond Wool Weight Liner Gloves
Black Diamond Access Mitt
Diamond Headband
SS Runshade Top
R1 Hoodie
Windshield Jacket
Long Haul Runner Shorts
Soft Shell Pants
2 pair of wool LW endurance socks
Brooks Launch shoes

This set up offers plenty of venting options and I was very comfortable (and very frosty) for about an hour-long run. Whatever it takes to stay off the dreadmill.

2 comments:

Matt Hart said...

nice ty.. i put together a "winter running list" too.
http://www.backcountry.com/store/gearlist/Winter-Trail-Running/list/4400.html?avad=7149_d634499

saschasdad said...

I remember my -30 and -40 below days from my years in the Tetons and Steamboat, and I gotta say, I don't miss 'em! I'm a softie now, as it was only -20 in Sisters last week and I had no desire to run.