Monday, November 15, 2010

NXN Regionals @ Boise






Thanks to all those who attended the El Vaquero Races this last fall. With the money we made we were able to take 18 lucky souls to the Nike Cross Regional meet in Boise at a very minimal cost. We had a great day...it was chilly and it was an eye opener and an honor to race with the best in the NW. We will be back next year. For the second consecutive year I ran the "citizen" race and had a good time. After going out way too fast 2:56 1k/5:02 mile, I cruised in at 3rd in 16:47. A good little tempo run followed by 10 miles of easy running. One more week of serious training in the serious snow and I'll be ready for the NF 50.

4 comments:

Chong said...

Nice beard Ty and cool leaf picture with the heads.

TD said...

thanks, the beard I did myself. Corena, our other coach took the photos.

Brian D said...

Glad to see the money went to a good cause. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out there again. Good luck on Sat. The weather and trails should be good. I'll be out there on Sun. running the half.

Brian "I can't believe it took me 3 hrs to run 15 miles" Daly

TD said...

Thanks, it will be a fun race to be part of. I'll have to run well to avoid getting beat by Kami, and Devon. Looking forward to seeing the sites in and around SF