Runners, We hope that you are excited about this Year's race. We've been working hard to make it the best one yet. Pleaser remember the following items:
- packet pick up tomorrow from 7 to 8:30 at Star View Park one block East of Wells Fargo in Afton If you cannot make it to the meeting we can get it to you before the race
- 25k runners. Please be on the bus at 7:30 to get to the start due to limited parking
-all traffic coming into swift creek will run counter clockwise (come into the aid station on the upper trail, leave on the lower trail)
- thank the aid station folks. It's a lot of work to get supplies on such remote trails
- draw prizes will be drawn before the meeting tomorrow. We will get you your prize when you check in. Cross your fingers. Great stuff from Patagonia, Smith Optics, Black Diamond, Ultraspire, and First Endurance
- there will be a limited amount of EFS liquid shot at the turn around
- there will be no cups at aid stations or the finish, but we will have plenty of water, huckleberry soda, and ULTRAGEN!
- the 50k start/finish area (drive 7 miles south of Afton and turn East on County rd 153 then drive 6.2 miles to the campground. If you are not camping please consider parking down the canyon away from the start finish area
El Vaquero Loco 2014 - Thanks for making this year's race such a success.
11th annual. Saturday, August 8th, 2015. Out and back course on nearly 100% singletrack. Beautiful vistas. Very tough and technical. It has been our experience that you run the 25k if you are not used to running technical trails at altitude.