Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coach's Mile-BYU Indoor


I wasn't going to post anything on this race but my good friend and running rockstar Corbin Talley just sent me a photo so I thought I'd give everyone an update. I am up to my eyeballs in work and training right now but I decided to jump in the coach's mile at our first indoor meet in Provo. Last year I ran 4:51 off of a lot of speed work and focus on running fast. This year I am taking a little different approach to training, trying to log more miles and take care of some strength imbalances so I can be ready for Coyote 2 Moon this March. Nacho Delgado wants to be fit enough to enjoy running 100 miles along with all the other goofy activities that will go on that week.

Needless to say I charged out hard, maybe a little too fast with Brad Barton hot on my heels. He made a big move with one lap to go and absolutely handed it to me on the last 350 meters. I did the Russian-Bear-Dance for the last lap but still managed to sneak in under 5 minutes. The most amazing performance of the day was by our throwing coach, Josh Henderson who is the 1993 Wyoming 4A State Shot Put Champion and former co-columnist for "The Three Fat Guys." Josh has dropped some serious weight and some serious time off his mile PR by running 6:29.07. No too shabby for a man with 12 children. Nice work buddy.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Good job TY! I can't believe how fast you are AND you run 100 milers. You really do inspire me. Thanks

saschasdad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saschasdad said...

4:39.7 1600m @ Simplot - that's pretty speedy for an old man from Star Valley, complete with the ultrarunner chicken-wing arm swing. It looked like you were about to make a move for 2nd, but the flotrack video didn't show your finish, so I didn't get to see you get outkicked and finish 4th. Probably better that way - I would have just yelled for you to speed up and you wouldn't have heard me anyway. Seriously, though, nice job, Ty. If C2M comes down to a 1600 meter kick between you, Jeff, Justin, and Karl, my money's on you.
http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/238138-2011-adidas-Simplot-Games/video/464504-M-1600-F02-Coaches

TD said...

thanks track nerd. I'll get a post up soon. thanks for not yelling at me