Thursday, September 8, 2011

Passin' it along...




Last weekend I got to watch my 7th grade daughters, Jenna and Kayli run their first XC race. They have been running a little all summer. It was fun to watch them get after it. My last words of advice were, "Run hard and remember and make the last 1/2 of the race hurt. If it doesn't you're not doing it right." They battled, Kayli running 13:50 for the 2 mile course and Jenna just over 15 minutes. I was excited as I've been in a while. I'm looking forward to having them pace me-just like a Doublemint commercial.

5 comments:

shebalynnx said...

My family would like to come with me in 2012 as I enter this race. She needs to know for vacation now when this race will be scheduled in 2012. Can you email me and let me know. she needs to put in for the vacation now in Sep. shebalynnx@yahoo.com
thank you!
I'm excited that there is a 50K in My Mountains!!

TD said...

We will hold the 2012 Vaquero races the 2nd Saturday in August. Hope to see you then.

shebalynnx said...

Thank you thank you!! Okay, I will pass that along and look for the open entry in December! I'm excited already!!!

Jim said...

Hey Ty, I'm in the same boat as shebalynnx and just writing to confirm that the 2012 race will be scheduled for Saturday, August 11th. Is that right? I'll be flying out from the east coast to join family and just wanted to verify the date, if it's known at this point. Thanks!

TD said...

yessir that will be the date