Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ode to the Beard

November is a funny time of year for ultrarunners. It may be the only time of year when we are not entirely united and immersed in training, racing, and pacing. Some of us are racing on fumes (a.k.a. NF50), others are taking a break, and other are already started on next year's races and goals. November is the home of "stashies at nashies" and "Movember"- most of us need little excuse for a little slovenliness. I myself have been trying to make some training/race/adventure plans for next year and spending some serious time growing my face mullet much to the shagrin of my wife. I keep trying to convince her that in winter will eventually arrive and my lack of facial hygiene is a survival tool. In moments of weakness I bolster my resolve by reading the quips on thebeardly.com
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! And may all your ultra-lottery and beard dreams come true!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not cool.

peter said...

Having worked on my beard this past month, it has intersting to notice the brotherhood felt among those sporting beards, and the number of woman who hate them (my wife included).

LEWIS said...

Some men build a legacy. Real men grow one.
-thebeardly.com

jon and lori said...

Love the link, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to Vaquero Loco.

TD said...

Peter, I understand completely, hence, the first comment on this post. Lewis, unfortunately I just washed my legacy down the drain last night. Jon and Lori. Thanks for reading. We are looking forward to it also...

john said...

What a blog post!! Very informative and also easy to understand. Looking for more such comments!! Do you have a facebook? I recommended it on digg. The only thing that it’s missing is a bit of new design.
Beard oils