Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fast???!!!! Mile!!!!?????


Been slogging through the new year. Nothing much to blog about. I have been working on toughening up my feet to see if I can take on the Moab Red Hot+ course in my NB 100's. After great reviews for the most part, Bronco gave them a poor grade on the Bad Ass course, claiming the upper was too sloppy. I have run as much as 24 miles on the road with mine and played several hours of hoops also. Due to a complete lack of technical trails this time of year I guess I'll have to see if they make the grade in Southern Utah next month.

This week I have stepped back my mileage slightly and am gearing up to run the Coach's mile at the BYU indoor track meet this weekend. I'm hoping to run 4:50-ish. We'll see its super early but if I could it would put me on the "fast track" to run sub- 4:40 next month at the Simplot Games. My nagging SI problem has been healing slowly so we'll make a go at it.

6 comments:

Mateo said...

4:50 is a pretty good time in the mile. If you can do that I would like to sponsor you with a free bicycle horn you can carry around and honk at people as you pass them while running. Keep us posted.

Luke said...

good luck on the speedy mile, I also look forward to catching up with you at red hot!

Steve Bohrer said...

Good luck in the races! BTW, I got those same shoes a few months ago and I love them. Maybe they'll make me as fast as you, but without all that "training" stuff you do. The only downside is the chemical stench. I have to keep them in the garage.

TD said...

the mile went okay. I'm ahead of where I was last year at this time (post to come). Yes Steve the shoes are great. My gray ones seem to fit better than the orange- and they'll only get smellier:)

saschasdad said...

Whoah, wait a minute here. Did you seriously write "Bronco gave them a poor grade on the technical Bad Ass course". Hm, now exactly which part of the BadAss course is technical? I know you're just passing along the info, but trust me on this Ty, the BadAss is not technical. At all. And you know if I say that, it's fact!

TD said...

Sean,

yes, I was just quoting Bronco. I have never run the course--and coming from someone who considers asphalt technical if it doesn't have a freshly painted center line--I have no other choice but to believe you.